I’m shutting down my blog and podcast.
In March 2020 I took time-out.
Well, it hasn’t been a real time-out. I have guided my kids through the social shutdown of the corona wave, and I still do.
I took this time-out because I was frustrated with the ratio of the amount of effort I put into blogging and podcasting and the amount of attention. For me, writing English or podcasting means three times the effort a native speaker has.
In my perception, the attention that the topic of Abrupt Irreversible Climate Change has in the public is constantly decreasing. Extinction has become a more common vocabulary, but only in connection with hopes of how to avoid it.
With Corona Near Term Human Extinction takes an even more back seat.
Sorry, I’ve had enough.
I’m putting the blog and podcast on hold, at least I’m taking a break.
I have been writing this blog since 2015, initially in German, SchnellerAlsGedacht.
In 2016 I released the first English podcast episode, and English blog posts.
When I look at the highlights, I have a certain pride in what I have achieved.
- 300 Jahre Fossile Brennstoffe in 300 Sekunden from 2011
- Geschafft! – ein Jahr – halbe fossile Energie from 2013
- Schneller als gedacht – Abrupter Klimawandel from 2015
- Methan Monster II ~ Der Untergang der Arktis – german translation from 2015
- SAG 001 ~ The Scientific Dilemma of Human Extinction – the first podcast episode in 2016
- The most important blog article in July 2016 – plus 10 C by 2026 – the first English blog post from 2016
- Methane News from Shakhova and Semiletov from 2017
- We‘re Open – new start in Feb 2018
- Prepping for Hospice from 2018
- Near Term Human Extinction in 5 Acts from 2018
- It is Too Late to Prevent Climate Change from 2019
- Take El Niño Seriously from 2020
I will certainly write something from time to time or do an interview.
You can reach me at FaceBook.
Thanks for your attention, dear reader and listener.